The Junior Interactive Designer will work closely with the Senior Interactive Designers to develop existing design skills and gain a fundamental understanding of the Cortina process and project life cycle. The Junior Designer will also work closely with producers and programmers to ready existing designs for implementation by taking them through our graphic production process. The Junior Designer must be bright, imaginative, and proactive, with proven creative and critical forward-thinking and problem-solving abilities and demonstrate a strong sense of design and typography. This role requires a keen eye for details and ability to deliver quality, error-free work within the given timeline. Above all, members of the design team—including the Junior Interactive Designer—must possess and foster an inherent curiosity and excitement about design, a desire to transcend existing skills, and the goal of constant self-development.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates an excellent foundation of design principles including typography, layout and color theory
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Design-related field or tech/trade school equivalent
- 0–2 years of interactive design experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications with a focus on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Willingness to work in any phase of the project lifecycle including wireframe, visual design, and asset production.
- Ability to take art direction, constructive criticism and to work with inherited design directions.
- Curiosity about design trends, tools and competitors work.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Exhibits confidence and clarity when communicating ideas to team members.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to deliver quality, error-free work within the given timeline.
- Consistent attendance record. Understands that the success of the team requires their daily participation.
Compensation And Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous health and dental program.
- Company sponsored 401K & Roth.
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays, floating holidays.
- Casual dress code.
- Seven paid days of professional development.
- An in-house committee that plans amazing cook-offs, ‘museum madness’ fun, picnics, games, health initiatives, spontaneous dance parties, and volunteer events to give back to the community.
About Cortina Productions
We have a diverse list of forward thinking clients that allow us to do meaningful work. We iterate fast, create often, and work with a passionate and dedicated staff. That’s what keeps us going here at Cortina Productions. We are a dedicated bunch who makes the time for social breaks both in and out of our McLean offices, a short metro ride from D.C.. A recent poll of our current staff described our office culture as “focused” “fun” and “like family”.
Please send resume, professional references, and portfolio to email@example.com and include the job description in the subject line.
Cortina Productions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, military service, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal law requirements, Cortina Productions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Cortina Productions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. All employees are expected to comply with this Equal Employment Opportunity Policy. Violations of this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.